Friday, January 6, 2012

Anna Marine Prague trip.
Part 1.Where to go and what to eat.
I wasn't in  Czech Republic about 4 years and I missed it so much!When I was a little girl I spent every school holidays here with my grandmother (she lives in Prague). Here I fell in love with gothic style (Prague is very gothic city),here I walked and dreamed.When I arrived to spend Christmas here,I visited again all my favorite places and I want to share it with you.I'm sure you will love it.
Czech Republic is very beautiful and very quiet country. The city of Prague is similar to a toy fairy tale small town, as though from the past times. You won't find skyscrapers here, only lovely small houses with red roofs. The Prague is home to about 1.3 million people.It's really not too much. On roads and in transport always freely. If you're living in Moscow or New York you will appreciate that. People in Prague polite and quiet. They look good, but dress very simply. Therefore I always smile, when I see girls in expensive fur coats and high-heeled (in this case I even sympathize them because almost all roads to Prague made of stone).I know that it's Russian girls))Winter in Prague not really cold and snowy.The temperature here always is very comfortable.
I will try to show you how beautiful Christmas in Prague is. And will tell a 
little about where to go and what to eat here.
So,follow me ^__^




















Main sights


The Charles Bridge (Czech: Karlův most) is a famous historic bridge that crosses the Vltava river.One of the first places where tourists go when they in Prague.At night Charles Bridge is a quiet place, but during the day it changes its face into a very busy venue with painters, owners of kiosks, and vendors alongside numerous tourists crossing the bridge.Also there is a place where you can make a wish.





Here was made a part a xXx movie with Vin Diesel




















After bridge you can get to the most historic regions of Prague - Malá Strana.






















A bit further you can find a Dancing House.




















Also the one of most famous place is of course Old Town (Czech: Staré Město) A medieval settlement of Prague.Notable places in the Old Town include the Old New Synagogue, Old Town Square and Astronomical Clock(the third-oldest astronomical clock in the world and the oldest one still working).The  Old Town is very beautiful on Christmas but I'll show you it in part 2))








 Wenceslas Square is one of the main city squares and the centre of the business and cultural communities in the New Town of Prague.The square is named after Saint Wenceslas.




















Here is his Monument.You can see also a sea of candles around it.It's a mourning for Last President of Czechoslovakia and First President of the Czech Republic - Vaclav Havel.He has died on December,  23rd 2011.
















Prague Castle (Czech: Pražský hrad) is a castle in Prague where the Kings of Bohemia, Holy Roman Emperors and presidents of Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic have had their offices. The Czech Crown Jewels are kept here. Prague Castle is the biggest castle in the world.Here you can find a lot of Churches (include the famous St. Vitus Cathedral,I'll tell about it in part 3),




Palaces,Halls and gardens.

Also here you can find a area to see a magnificent view of Prague city.And to take a walk on old small streets





































Food and drinks.
You weren't in Prague if you didn't try the Czech beer.I don't drink much,but even I can't resist.Here is the most tasteful beer in the world.If you find new impressions,go to drink beer to medieval tavern.And when I say medieval,I say true,because there is no electricity (only candles),waiters wear old-fashioned clothes and taste of food depends of cook's mood.


















Altogether in Prague you can find good and not expensive food everywhere.You must surely try national Czech cuisine:
Potato soup in a bread bowl
Pork with potato or bread dumplings
Apple strudel


And one of my favorite winter drinks - hot Honey Wine!


Continuation in part 2 Christmas in Prague.Coming soon!












6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures of Prague. I have always wanted to go. Just the old world history in every step you take there has to be amazing. Truly one of my dream destinations right next to New Zealand and Ireland. Prague is one of the places I would visit specifically. I'm jealous that you got to spend so much time there growing up. Can't wait for part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Paris and they say is the most beautyfull and romantic city in the world.I don't agreed,is just propaganda,money and luxury makes the rest,it's a ilusion.Trust me.
    In Europe we are very beautifull city's like Prague,Porto in Portugal,Athens and in the East is very interesting because of bizantin art and amaizing landscapes to.
    Prague is misterious and the gothic and barroque ambiance is amazing.Is one of my future destinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. I was in Prague for two weeks this summer. It was so nice to recognize some of the places at your pictures^^ Yes even the medieval tavern. We had a local friend to show us all the places worth to visit, even through I like to just walk and discover places by my self. It must be beautiful when It's not so many tourists on the bridge. Hope I can visit the city soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Meal Sounded so Yummy as was your pictures of Prague Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I go to Prague someday, this will be a great guide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Prague :DD

    ReplyDelete