Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gothic Prague

Gothic Prague.Part 3.Castles and Cathedrals.




















I don't know how it's possible to live in this city and not fall in love with gothic.I don't know how it's possible to walk on these old streets,visit old castles and not to think about mystery world where vampires or ghosts lives .

This city gave life to my fantasies, planted phantom flowers in dark garden of my dreams, entwined with Ivy a gravestones of my lost hopes...Let's see most beautiful,gothic and old places in Prague.Follow me!

St. Vitus Cathedral
I'm sure you saw or heard something about this fantastic building.Located within Prague Castle and containing the tombs of many Bohemian kings and Holy Roman Emperors, this cathedral is an excellent example of Gothic architecture and is the biggest and most important church in the country.The cathedral is under the ownership of the Czech government as part of the Prague Castle complex.




























Sternberg castle
Since the hoary days of the 13th century, the ancient Sternberg aristocracy has held title to this massive Gothic castle overlooking the Sazava River. Down through the ages family ancestors have included brave knights, the royally titled, diplomats, scientists, politicians, and a sprinkling of philosophers and historians. In our days an heir to the Sternberg dynasty lives and works in the home.It's a 90 years old man.He loves falconry and enjoys of making tours in his castle for tourists.

Damn,it seems,my iphone was in terrible danger XD












Kutna Hora 
City in Bohemia, now the Czech Republic in the Central Bohemian Region.

The most famous place in this city is a Sedlec Ossuary (Czech: kostnice Sedlec).The most eerie place that I saw in my life.The ossuary is estimated to contain the skeletons of between 40,000 and 70,000 people, whose bones have in many cases been artistically arranged to form decorations and furnishings for the chapel.Before you see it with your own eyes you don't believe that it's possible.


























Gates to hell








Saint Barbara's Church is one of the most famous Gothic churches in central Europe







































Vysehrad

My favorite place for walks when I was a kid.
Vysehrad is a castle located in the city of Prague. It was probably built in the 10th century, on a hill over the Vltava River. Situated within the castle is the Basilica of St Peter and St Paul, as well as the Vysehrad Cemetery, containing the remains of many famous people from the Czech history.
















































Vysehrad Cemetery
Here is exception of my rules.I must say that I never do photos on and of cemetery.I did only several for this blog to show you.


People always ask me - "if you're a goth why don't you take photos on cemetery?"Here is a difference between person who has gothic as a part of heart and soul and person who is goth because it's cool.It's like "look at me,I have photos on cemetery in black dress (if one day I'll see some "gothic chick" on my grandma's grave,I probably will kill her on-site),I'm soooo dark and cool".I don't need this.I respect this place of last haven of people.I can draw cemetery,I can walk there,read there,but almost all the time alone and without any photos.

























I feel like Tim Burton's film character with tree like that.))












See you in Prague!


3 comments:

  1. nice photos.. and amazing drawing.. just 12 years old?! GOD... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaww I love those cathedrals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spomenula si tu dve veci, ktoré aj mne pomohli aby som prepadol tomuto štýlu umenia. Bola to Praha a bol to obraz tetovanej blondínky od Luisa Royo vo výklade jedného obchodu oproti Státní opeře. Ten obchod tam už neexistuje ale ja ten obraz stále vidím v tom výklade ako keby to bolo dnes. Mať tak vtedy pri sebe asi 6500 českých korún, tak je môj.

    ReplyDelete